About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Final Thoughts On My Sailor Shorts


Today, I decided to tackle the inside cuff of the shorts, because the inside hem was unraveling and shredding, as denim does. I didn't have the forethought to use the overlock stitch on the edge to keep it from fraying. I pieced together scraps from the lining to cover the hem edges. I love my semi crooked faux cuff. I also added some hook/eyes to the inside of the corset lacing in the back, just to keep things covered. I love my shorts. I can already see me making them again, maybe as pants, in the correct size this time.
 
Now I'm embroidering the side panels on my license plate purse. I had to change the strap position, and the rivets left holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment