About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Friday, June 21, 2013

Ready, Set, Sew!


 
The general purpose presser foot that was missing from my machine was delivered today, along with the rivet kit, so I am ready to go. I had to get a zipper and liner fabric for the purse. It would have been neat to find a United States themed or license plate themed fabric, but this floral screams California to me. Here we go! Ready, set, sew!
 
First, to test out my new sewing machine, I turned the halter straps on my new Bettie Hello Sailor Swimsuit (from Pin Up Girl Clothing) into shoulder straps. I hate halters. It's so much more comfortable now. Check!


Now the pinning (yuck) and cutting (yuck) begins.

All I need to cut now is the fabric for the license plate purse (the lining in the 1st photo). Tomorrow I'll cut that, and start sewing the purse. I've never sewn on denim before, so that's the test piece. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment