About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Finished! Whew!

I had to drill the holes I started with my metal cutter. That really didn't take that long. Then I started the riveting. That was fun.
  
 
Once both plates were on, I started sewing. I thought everything was going well... the middle picture says it all. After I struggled to flip the purse to the outside, I panicked. I had to rely on my quilting skills...

 
and hand sew this sucker together. The zipper looks good, the sides look good, and the bottom looks good. I even riveted on the D-ring for the straps (with the help of my handy boyfriend).
                                                                
 
The finished product...
                                                                                                                                                                       
 The lesson here: MAKE AND FINISH THE PURSE FIRST, THEN RIVET THE PLATES ON. I don't know what I was thinking. I could have hand sewed the lining closed.
 
I saw, and I conquered! This may be the best thing I've ever made. Now on to sewing the sailor shorts.

1 comment: