About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Friday, April 26, 2013

The Dust Is Settling.

What a whirlwind! I haven't blogged in Lord knows when, and so much has happened since the last time I blogged. Bad blogger, bad blogger! I still haven't settled in from moving from California last May, then I upped and fell in love AGAIN, with a wonderful man who lives in Georgia. 11 months later, I pack up what little possessions I had, and moved outside of Atlanta Georgia. Cute little house with flowers, sun porches, the works. So I have the man of my dreams, the ring of my dreams, the house of my dreams, and the craft/music room of my dreams. I'm a lucky girl.

On the creative front, I've become quite obsessed with crocheting. After the mad rush to make Xmas slippers (the embellished Options slipper which everyone loved), I vowed to put my needles and yarn away until next winter. The new sofa we just got came with the neatest brown/beige/tan/blue pillows. I get the bright idea that we needed knitted or crocheted coasters to match the pillows, because I cringe at the thought a glass not sitting on a coaster. I started out knitting some 4x4 squares, but they looked too much like potholders, so I switched to crocheting rounds:
 
Then I thought, "my coasters need a container...:
 
The brown basket is much bigger than I thought it would be. I chained 20 stitches for each side. It didn't seem like it would be enough, but hey, what do I know about crocheting? I'm still just learning. It's drying because I put a fabric stiffener on it. I'm still going to use that basket for something, but I did a redo on the navy round tube on the left. That's actually 54 chains joined in the round. That blue circle will be the bottom or the top. So cool. Crocheting... who knew!
 
I'll be starting new music soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment