About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Quilt Idea - Cathedral Windows

Man, am I glad Christmas craft season is over! I have officially put the knitting needles away. I tried to put the jewelry making stuff away, but I slipped and made a couple pairs of earrings.... to replace the ones I took home with me, that my sister conveniently took. Everyone loved their gifts, which pleased me and made it all worthwile.

Now I'm dreaming quilts again. I know I said it was the year of the music, which it is (where I'll be writing and recording new music), but I have a quilt to finish! While watching one of my favorite shows, Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting, they had a show on the cathedral windows quilt:
 
This is my next project. It's absolutely breathtaking, and it's a self quilting quilt. This photo is from a blog I found Made During Quiet Time, while looking for a technique (the same one she used, Hyena In Petticoats). It's a long time before I even start planning the fabric choices, but I was so happy to be inspired. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment