About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Progress, But Slow Going

Forgive me, but the blog templates are driving me crazy. I wish I could find a simple craft blog template. Until I find one that's easy to use, I'll be changing the format often.

I'm making progress on the Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt, but it's taking forever. So far, I have two full strips (of 10 complete flowers) made (see picture above). I haven't sewn those together yet, but just laying them out gives me an idea of how it's going to look. I measured the width against the comforter on my bed (which may be a queen or a king, I'm not sure - too lazy to get up and check). I'll just keep making hexagons, flowers, and strips and until I'm finished. I've decided to embroider before I machine quilt it, which I've also decided to machine quilt with clear transparent monofiliment thread, so as to not clash with the vibrant embroidery floss. It's still all handmade... whew. I tried sewing the flowers together on the machine, but the corners are too difficult to maneuver, and it's much easier hand sewing it, plus, it's portable, so I can take it anywhere and work on it.

Onward I march, through the garden of hexagons!

No comments:

Post a Comment