About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Saturday, July 16, 2011

My First Flower






In the midst of cutting the hexs, I had to take some to work to get started on the piecing, to see what I was up against. The top 3 pictures are of the first flower I hand pieced tonight. The bottom left picture is of some hexs I basted using the English Paper Piecing method. I'm going to complete a flower using the EPP method, then compare the results of the two methods. Of course, the hand piecing method, using the running stitch, was much quicker, but it's not quite accurate - the colored petals don't have the Inklingo printing on them because they were all cut from the Moda Bella 30's jelly rolls. I had to eyeball the 1/4" seam allowance. I'm putting a small ruler and a white pencil in my tool bag for tomorrow. We'll see how it turns out. Check out my teeny tiny iron by Clover. I used it to press the seams open in the photos above. Sometimes, the big iron is just too... big.

No comments:

Post a Comment