About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Friday, July 15, 2011

Halfway Thru The Cutting



All the flower petals have been cut from the Moda Bella jelly rolls (in the ziplock bag... 2 jelly rolls, 40 strips each, 16 hexs per strip = 1,280 hexs cut). They have no Inklingo markings on them, so I haven't figured out if I'm going to hand stitch them or machine stitch them. The green is for the background of the flowers, and the yellow print is for the flower centers. I've finished printing on the yellow print. I still have tons of green to print... 4 yards worth. I cut all the fabric to 8" x 11", and after I'm done printing, I have to cut all the shapes. I still have to cut the white fabric. I cut some of what was left over from the backing from the 1st quilt. I'm happy with the printing for the full sheets, as I knew I'd be. It's back breaking work though. Listening to my iPod while I'm cutting makes the time go by fast. I hope the colors I've chosen (or that have chosen me) aren't boring. Hopefully, this won't be the last Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt I'll make. I'm hoping to be done with the quilt within 2 months... lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment