About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Monday, July 25, 2011

Embroidery Lesson Complete!

The Sublime Stitching sampler is finished. This was really a fun and quick project. The straight stitches around the edge were supposed to be threaded (loose thread looped in and out of the stitches), but the fabric I used has too much stretch and was too slippery, so it didn't work. The cretan stitch was fun, I love the chain stitches, love the lazy daisy stitch. I love the white daisy on the bottom right hand corner. The fans were fun too. Now I'm looking for any fabric that is calling for some exquisite colors to be stitched through it. Next up are some blank canvas tote bags. I ordered more of Jenny Hart's designs, and the tote bags will be the canvas for them.
Some of the designs I'll have to actually use a transfer pen and some vellum to make the the transfer. This is so reminding me of Arts and Crafts class in school.
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment