About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Saturday, June 25, 2011

My First Quilt - Coming Along Nicely




I've finished the hand basting. What a chore! What was I thinking when I thought I could make a quilt? Why did I think it would be easy? It is a challenge to say the least. I'm going to machine quilt "the beast (stitching in the ditch), then make a basic bias double fold binding. YouTube has helped immensely in understanding the techniques. I can't believe I've waited 15 years to finish this quilt, but then, I knew it would be arduous. I hope my daughter is appreciative of the quilt, when I send it to her. Of course, I've already started designing my next two quilts. I'm going to do a Grandmothers Flower Garden Quilt>>

I've always loved this quilt design. I especially love the colors used in the second photo. I'm just not cottoning to the idea of doing it the 'English paper piecing way' - cutting out thousands of hexagons and basting them around a plastic template. I'm going to try it though, just to say I did it. I do want it to be accurate. I like this technique - Sunshine's Creations Tutorial on English Paper Piecing - Grandmother's Flower Garden. Then I'm going to tackle making the Rush Quilt. All of the cd covers copied onto photo transfer fabric and I'm going to use the Starman logo as the quilting design. Clever... expensive (due to the fabric transfer sheets)>>



My laptop is all jacked up. Not having the enter key is making my blog look all crazy. Now I'm saving for the Apple MacBook Pro. Argh! Stay tuned.

1 comment: