About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Friday, June 17, 2011

Time to Sew! Quilts, Bras, Clothes!

I've been out of commission lately. My Dad passed away on May 23rd... I still can't say the words. I'm beyond devastated. I'm so in denial, admittedly so. So what do I do, in the aftermath? Immerse myself into my projects. I think the jewelry making has taken a backseat. I bought a new sewing machine the week before (and it's just sitting on the kitchen table, waiting):


Immediately, I have a quilt to finish, that I started back circa '96-97. The squares are rotary cut from me and my daughter's old clothes. Really. All I have to do is make the "quilt sandwich": backing = king sized sheets, thin polyester batting, and the finished quilt top. I started embroidering song lyrics in the blank middle spaces in the diamonds on the top. My next quilt will be the Grandma's Flowers Hexagon quilt.

Next to The Bra-Maker's Manual, by Beverly Johnson:

Yes, I'm going to make my own bras. I'm so sick of buying bras that don't really fit. I want semi-longline bras. The manual is 255 pages long. I'm serious about this. This is why I bought the sewing machine. After the bras come the tops and dresses. I loved to sew when I was younger, and I'm glad I've come back around to it.

This crocheted quilt was started in 2003. It is a replica of the SAME quilt that my Mom made back in the early 70's. She still had the original pattern, which I now have. I have the equivalent of a twin bed size made. I'm shooting for a queen/king size. Time to get the crochet hooks (size G) out again:


I made these for a work colleague. Jada's baby's booties:

I made these today. Started at 12:30pm, and finished around 6:30pm. They just need the white ribbon threaded under the ankle. I've made these before, so the pattern felt familiar.

I have to make stuff, I can't help it. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment