About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Finished Mermaid Bracelet (Mine)

I LOVE this bracelet. It fits perfectly, not too tight, but not too loose. I adjusted the size by the number of beads on the individual strands before the slide clasp was attached. I don't like that my loom is not long enough, so I may have to make my own (don't know where I'd get the warp coils from). Components: Miyuki Delicas in 11/0 Transparent Emerald AB, Nymo beading thread in Evergreen size D, Beadalon gold plated crimp beads size #1, 3mm gold tone crimp beads, Acculon 7 strand .012 beading wire, 31mm 22k gold plated 5 ring strand tube clasp. It's getting easier to make. I made this in 2.5 days. I find that securing the end terminals with E6000 epoxy is best. It dries clear and gives me a durable area to thread the beading wire through. It gives me piece of mind that the ends won't unravel.
I made this precious bracelet for Meechie's daughter Toni, aged 4 going on 40:
20g silver colored copper wire, 24g silver colored copper wire (for the wrapped bead loops), 4mm Swarovski AV crystals, silver toned clasp. I can expand this as she gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment