About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Version of DH Rio/This is when I became a designer




I just finished reading The Earring Style Book by Stephanie A. Wells. Very funky and stylish earrings. There are several that I want to make, since the pair above turned out so well (at least I think so). They're called "Rio", but I'm naming my version "Frost". I used the Crystal Myuki Delicas I had left over, with 18g silver colored copper for the hoop frames, and 24g silver colored copper for the bead wrapping - my first attempt. I was so inspired that I came up with this sketch at work tonight:
I'm calling them "The Tree of Life" earrings. I want to use 18g aqua-ish blue wire for the frames, brown or Vintaj bronze for the tree and I ordered a blue/green/purple Miyuki Delica 10/0 mix. This is when I became a jewelry designer. I love Stephanie's wire frames for her earrings:

All of my frames/hoops will be made like this, except for a through-the-ear pair I'm making tomorrow. Thank you Stephanie for the great book, the great earring designs, and for inspiring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment