About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Saturday, December 25, 2010

This bracelet 'bout killed me!


Huge lesson learned here: always plan the beading projects. This first bracelet had no plan. I thought I could put 29 warp threads (the vertical threads) and bead for about 7 inches, put some toggle clasps on it, and be done. That's not how this happened. Once I got to the ends, I had to figure out (aka learn) how end them (the terminals). Not easy. Thank God for E-6000 Epoxy. I thought it would be cute to make loops out of one side of the terminals and make toggles of the other side. I made really cute copper toggles, and I had copper squares with jump rings for the other end. It didn't work out because the length of the bracelet was too long. I didn't figure in the length of the clasps. I'm either going to keep the piece or undo it and reuse the beads.

I replanned Karen's gift, with 17 warp threads, at 6 1/2 inches, and it came out perfect:

I love the bead color. The beads I used are Toho round 11/0, in Metallic Iris Green/Brown and Rainbow Jonquil/Forest Green Lined, with a copper 3-strand hook/eye clasp (from Beadaholique @ Amazon.com). I only had cream colored Nymo thread for this bracelet, so I dipped the bracelet in cocoa brown rit dye/water to darken the thread. It gave it an antique look. I finished the ends with E-6000 epoxy. The next bracelet I do will be for ME, in Miyuki Delicas 10/0 in Brown Iris, with Nymo beading thread in Brown, size D.

This Bali bead bracelet is for my niece Colbi, per her request:


These earrings are for my sister, 20g silver colored copper wire and 4mm crystal AB Swarovski bicones:


It was a productive Christmas, I must say. I'm glad I even got to break out my knitting needles!


Now I can play my Sims 3 Late Night for a couple of days before I start on something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment