About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Finished my brown bracelet - the terminals suck!


10/0 Miyuki Delicas in Brown Iris mixed with 11/0 Toho Rounds Metallic Iris Green/Brown. Nymo Brown Size D thread.

I love the width, but I could have added maybe 5 more rows. I'm having such trouble finishing the ends (terminals). I forgot to warp weave the warp threads in. I put the E-6000 epoxy on the ends before I lifted the piece from the loom. On one side, once I threaded the threads through the clasp, the bead, and the crimp bead, I crimped the bead closed and it cut the threads and came apart! I threaded a 7 strand tigertail wire through the last row and it worked. I have to really figure out how to end these things. I didn't want to do the anchor weave, but I may have to. I love the Miyuki Delica beads. They're exquisite. There were NO bad beads in the bunch.

I think my next project will be a white/crystal AB bracelet for my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment