About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
We live and love to create! Click on the pictures for purchasing information

Total Page Views

Thursday, November 18, 2010


Back to the lab on these. This pattern is from WigJig University.
I love this site. The most recent designs I've done start from an idea from there. I may add an element or two to make it my own. For these earrings, I think the 20g wire is too soft. I hammered it with my nylon hammer. I also had to put plastic ear clutches on the back wire to keep the earrings from sliding out of my ear. When you do this, push the clutch all the way up to touch the back of your ear so they won't be seen. When I sell these, I will include plastic ear clutches with them.

I'm also learning how to do scroll work. I'm using scraps of wire, but they're turning into neat little charms. Waste not, want not!


So I know I need more pegs from WigJig, and I need a digital caliper - very important because I'm really not trying to do the math to figure out the proper AR (aspect ratios) for the more complex bracelet. I need to do a Captive Inverted Roundmaille bracelet, and I want to use my standard 18g/4.8mm AR 5.2 for the outer rings, but I have no idea what size to use for the inner captive rings. If someone knows, please let me know. I guess this is the fun of it all also, the discovery and making it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment